Mountainfilm is seeking a Tour Manager
Reports to Tour Director
FLSA Salary Non-Exempt – Full Time Year Round
Starting Salary $45,000
Start Date December 15, 2021
Mountainfilm is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion/creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, military status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, marital status or partnership status.
Mountainfilm’s Tour Manager supports the management and administration of Mountainfilm on Tour and Mountainfilm for Students programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Tour Director to plan, manage and organize tour and student programs, providing year-round support to tour and student show locations.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with tour hosts and school administrators.
- Collects tour show information for each show, updates online schedules, provides marketing support materials, communicates technical requirements, provides guidance to tour hosts as they develop their film programs, and tracks show feedback.
- Working closely with the marketing manager to ensure that tour shows have marketing support and visibility and that marketing guidelines are being followed.
- Maintains, updates and tracks tour and student program data and ensures Mountainfilm’s record keeping systems are up-to-date including FileMaker, Airtable, Google Drive documents, and others.
- Assists with the management of the tour and student program budget.
- May travel to present Mountainfilm on Tour and Mountainfilm for Students shows as assigned.
- Assists in annual tour and student program film selections.
- Assists the Tour Director in tracking tour film licensing agreements.
- Oversees and supports tour shipping and receiving for tour shows.
- Manages tour computers, ensures that all the associated AV is up to date.
- Assists with the creation of the student program classroom materials.
- Requests and secures feature films and special guests associated with tour events as assigned by the Tour Director.
- Manages Mountainfilm on Tour and Mountainfilm for Students presenters, including:
- Oversight of presenter onboarding, training, and annual reviews.
- Scheduling presenters to emcee tour and student shows.
- Responsible for collecting presenter expense report submission, submitting for payroll, and other time-sensitive office administrative details.
- Responsible for arranging presenter travel.
- Aids in the on-boarding of tour presenters through the development of comprehensive training materials, providing coaching and feedback during their training, etc.
- Supports year-round events such as local screenings and fundraisers.
- Assists with reviewing festival film submissions as assigned by the programming department.
- Provides general support for the annual festival.
- Provides customer service and support for the online festival as assigned.
- Assists with social media support.
- Other and additional general administrative and festival duties will be assigned to this role.
- Enthusiasm for Mountainfilm’s mission.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivation with the ability to manage priorities.
- Experience working with Mac computers. Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Filemaker Pro, and other applications.
- Strong commitment to high ethical standards, customer service, and high quality work.
- Detail-oriented concerning numeracy, data entry, and tracking multiple shows simultaneously.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud software, including Premiere Pro.
Dedicated workstation in an open office environment where festival and tour staff can grow from two to ten people during busy times. Mountainfilm will make reasonable accommodations if requested as per the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) which administers the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Must be able to lift 50lbs. Sitting and or standing for extended periods may be required.