There are a few options available for watching from your TV. We recommend heading to the online festival and watching some film trailers and sponsor reels to test out your planned setup before the festival begins. You can also refer to Eventive's help page for more ways to watch on your TV.
Here's how to watch a program on our online platform:
- Head to the online festival here.
- Sign in to your Eventive account from the menu in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Catalog to see our full selection of programs.
- Click on the program you want to watch.
- Unlock with your festival pass or choose to watch one time.
- The program will load and the video will start playing once you choose to play.
Below are some ways to try connecting your device to your TV. Keep in mind that the most foolproof way to watch films will be from a computer with the most up-to-date browser and operating system.
Direct Connection: Computer to TV
One way to watch on your TV is by directly connecting your computer (or other devices) to your TV via HDMI cable. Here are guides on how to connect using a Mac and if using a PC.
Apple TV App*
*Available only for Apple TV models Generation 4 and higher.
- From your Apple TV device, launch the App Store.
- Search for the app Mountainfilm 2021 and install the app. Here's how to download apps from the App Store to your Apple TV.
- Once the app is installed, it will ask you for a code to connect to your Eventive account. On your computer, head to watch.mountainfilm.org and log in at the upper right-hand corner.
- From the same menu in the upper right-hand corner, select TV app setup and enter the code from your Apple TV device.
- You must first unlock programs on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Apple TV.
- From your Roku-enabled smart TV, search for and download the Mountainfilm 2021 app.
- To enable the app you will have to verify it by logging into your Eventive account from a separate device (e.g. a computer, tablet or smartphone).
- From that device, enter the automatically generated code from your TV when prompted.
- Log into your Eventive account on your laptop or other device with an active festival pass.
- You must first unlock programs on your computer, tablet or smartphone to be able to watch them on your Roku.
- Make sure your devices (iPhone, iPad, laptop, Apple TV or Smart TV) are connected to the same wifi network.
- Using the Safari browser on your Apple computer, iPhone or iPad, go to the program you would like to AirPlay.
- Connect to your Apple TV by entering the code. Your device screen should appear as a mirror on your TV.
- If you are having audio sync issues when AirPlaying from your computer, try connecting from an iPhone or iPad.
- If you are trying to AirPlay to a Smart TV, you must first select the program you want to watch from your Apple device and then select the AirPlay button from within the Eventive player.
Note: Streaming programs through AirPlay is often glitchy and pixelated. For the best results, watch through one of the available TV apps, like Apple TV, or connect your device to your TV with an HDMI cable.
If Chromecasting, you must have a 3rd generation or later Chromecast stick.
At this time, Chromecast is not available to cast from Apple iOS devices, iPhone and iPad.
To Chromecast from a mobile Android device:
- Make sure your mobile phone or tablet is on the same wifi network as your Chromecast device.
- Tap the Cast icon in the lower right-hand corner of the player. If no icon appears, this means casting is not supported on your device.
To Chromecast from computer:
- Open the program in the Google Chrome browser.
- Click the Cast icon in the lower right-hand corner of the player. If no icon appears, this means casting is not supported on your device.
Fire TV / Firestick
- Open your Firestick or Fire TV app and head to the magnifying glass icon to search.
- Enter Mountainfilm 2021 in the search field and select Mountainfilm 2021 when it appears, next press the down button on your remote to navigate to “Apps and Games” where you will find the Mountainfilm 2021 app.
- Select the app and install on your device. Once installed you will see a 6 character code to enter into your account settings at watch.eventive.org/tv.
- Once you have entered the code, your Fire TV will show all of the content you have unlocked to watch via another device like a laptop or mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have not received a confirmation email from Eventive. How do I access the festival?
Eventive automatically emails your pass confirmation to your email with the subject Pass order confirmation - 2021 Mountainfilm Festival. If you did not receive it, please check your email spam folder. If the email is not in your spam folder, then try logging in with your email address at Mountainfilm’s online festival here. If you still are having trouble, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don’t remember my password. What should I do?
If you don't remember your password, you can reset it here. Once you've reset your password, head back to player and try login again. If you are still having trouble accessing your account, don't hesitate to contact us.
Are films rated?
Documentaries are not given ratings, but much of Mountainfilm content would garner a PG or PG-13 rating. Pay special attention to film descriptions; some films delve into challenging content — such as war, slavery or gun violence — and the description will help you make a decision based on your household.
Can I watch films outside of the US?
Most of the films will be available to watch from anywhere in the world, but there are a select few that have geographic restrictions. If a film has a restriction of any kind, it will have a banner on it that says Limited Access. Click on the film to see information on the screening schedule and any restrictions.
Can I watch films at any time or are they scheduled?
Films will be available to watch at your leisure from 9 a.m. MDT on May 31 to June 6 at 11:45 p.m. MDT, but there are a select few films that have capacity limits and geo-blocking restrictions. If a film has a restriction of any kind, it will have a banner on it that says Limited Access. Click on the film to see information on the screening schedule and any restrictions.
Can I watch a film more than once?
Once you begin watching a film program, you have 48 hours* to finish watching. This is to prevent users sharing login information. If you would like to invite a friend or family member to watch a program, please encourage them to purchase a pass or buy a one-time screening ticket for $15.
*Patron passholders are excluded from the 48-hour watch window.
How do I purchase an individual ticket to a program?
If you would like to purchase a ticket to an individual program, head to the online festival here. Purchase your ticket by clicking Unlock and then enter your email address to create an account. You will then be prompted to enter your credit card information to complete the purchase. Individual tickets will be available for purchase beginning at 9 a.m. MDT on May 31.
Is there a way to create a watch list?
You can create a watch list using the My Content Library feature in the onlinel festival. Add content to your library by unlocking the films that you would like to watch within the player.
- Head to the online festival and make sure you are signed in to your account in the upper right corner.
- Go to the program you wish to add to your content library. By clicking Unlock and selecting Unlock with [Unnamed Pass/Your Name] for $0, the film will be added to your Content Library under the Currently Unlocked label.
- To see your Content Library, click your initials in the upper right corner, and from the drop-down menu, select My Content Library.
- Once you click Unlock, you will be able to watch the film anytime within the dates of the festival.
Note: Do not click "Watch Now" (or press play) until you are ready to watch the film. Once you press Watch Now, you have 48 hours to watch the film.
Do the films have closed captioning?
Closed Captions are available for select film programs. If captions are available, you will see that CC is listed next to the film in the player.
Why does the image quality of the films change sometimes?
The quality of the image depends on a few factors:
- Your internet speed. The player will auto-adjust to your internet speed. Your internet speed may change periodically based on how many other users are on your home network, the time of day, etc.
- The quality of the image depends on the quality of the source we receive. Please consider that we always use the best available material.
How do I adjust the volume on the web player?
- Hover the cursor over the video you are currently watching to make the video controls visible.
- On the bottom left, the sound icon controls the volume.
- To control how high or low the volume is, hover the cursor over the volume bar and click the left side to lower the volume or the right side to raise the volume.
How do I vote for the Audience Choice Award?
After each feature film plays, you will see an option to give the film a star ranking from 5 stars for best film ever, to 1 star for really disliked. The voting feature is not available through the TV apps. You must vote using a computer, tablet or smartphone. Voting will close at noon on Saturday, June 5.
When will the award winner be announced?
Voting will end at noon on Saturday, June 5. We will then take all of the ratings, put them in a fancy formula and voilà! – the Audience Choice Award winner will be revealed.
More questions? Be sure to check out Eventive's FAQ Guide.