You spoke. We listened. Say goodbye to the Q.
Gone are the days of spending hours in line hoping to get into a program. Festival passes will now come with a select number of e-tickets based on the level of pass you purchase. E-tickets give you the option to reserve a spot in a program of your choice.
|Patron||$5,000||No e-tickets needed*||—|
|Ama Dablam||$1,250||Eight||May 11, 2020|
|Palmyra||$345||Eight||May 13, 2020|
|Fitzroy, Student & Teacher||$205||Six||May 15, 2020|
|Six Pack||$195||Six||May 15, 2020|
Here's how it works:
- Purchase your pass.
- You will receive an email on the day you can begin making program selections with your e-tickets (determined by pass level).
- You must be wearing your pass to access theaters even if you have an e-ticket to the program.
- All e-tickets are linked to your pass. You do not need to have any printouts or codes.
- Your pass will still allow you to go to as many programs as you would like. The difference is now you can reserve spots in a select number of programs before the festival even begins, so you spend less time waiting in line.
- You may reserve or change your e-tickets up to an hour before the start time if spots are still available.
- All theaters will have two lines: E-tickets and Standby
- We will hold up to 75% of seats in any theater for e-tickets. If you don't have an e-ticket for a program, you can always hop in the standby line.
- Standby is first-come, first-served, and does not guarantee a seat. Theater staff will begin handing out standby cards to passholders in the standby line one hour before a program starts. The cards note your place in line, give you an idea of your chances of getting into a program and prevent others from cutting.
- E-ticket holders must be in the e-ticket line no later than 30 minutes before a program starts and check-in upon arrival by getting an e-ticket card from theater staff. Cards will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis and denote the order in which you will load into the theater.
Q: Do I need to have some proof of my e-ticket with me like a printout or QR code on my phone?
No. All of your e-tickets will be linked to the QR code on your pass. You do not need to bring any additional printouts or any proof on your phone. If you make changes to your e-tickets, those will also be linked to your pass.
Q: I have a Palmyra pass. Does that mean I can only see eight programs?
No. You can still see as many programs as you are able to fit in over the festival weekend. E-tickets just allow you the peace of mind of knowing you are guaranteed a spot in eight programs of your choice. If you don't have an e-ticket for a program, you can hop in the standby line at the theater. Check Theater Standby on our app for real-time updates on theater capacities.
Q: Can I attend a program without an e-ticket?
Absolutely! Every theater will have a standby line for passholders without an e-ticket to a program. Theater staff will begin handing out standby cards to passholders in this line one hour before a program starts. The card does not guarantee a seat. It does note your place in line, gives you an idea of your chances of getting into a program and prevents others from cutting.
Q: Do I have to make program selections for all of my e-tickets before the festival?
It's hard to know exactly what you will want to see before you get here. E-ticket selections open before the festival, but you don't have to make all, or even any, of your selections at that time. You can change your e-tickets up to an hour before a program starts. Keep in mind that there may be fewer spots or no spots available in programs the longer you wait.
Q: How do I change my e-ticket?
More information coming soon.
Q: I can't remember which programs I selected. Where can I see all of my e-tickets?
More information coming soon.
Q: What if I decide I want to go to a different program?
We get it. You thought you had your whole schedule figured out, and then everyone starts talking about the film you must see at the festival. You can change your e-tickets up to one hour before a program starts as long as spots are still available. You can always hop in the Standby line if you missed the hour cut-off.
Q: What happens if I miss a program I had an e-ticket to?
The short answer is: Use it or lose it. You won't be penalized for missing a program, but you will have one less e-ticket for the festival. Remember, you can change your e-tickets up to an hour before a program starts if you decide you want to attend something different.
Q: When do I have to be at the theater?
Passholders with an e-ticket must be at the theater no later than 30 minutes before a program starts and check-in upon arrival by getting an e-ticket card from theater staff. If you are late, you will have to join the standby line and lose your e-ticket to that program. Theater staff will begin handing out standby cards one hour before a program starts.
Q: What about TBAs?
TBAs are generally announced by 8 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday for the following day. There are two ways you could see TBAs. 1) You could save a couple of your e-tickets for TBAs once they have been announced. 2) You can get in the standby line for any TBA (as it's likely fewer passholders will have used e-tickets for TBAs).