Application deadline is August 12
Mountainfilm seeks uplifting stories, illuminating films, diverse voices and impactful projects for its 2019 Commitment Grants. The organization will award projects aligned with its mission of inspiring audiences to create a better world. Past recipients include The Last Honey Hunter, Lifeboat, The Crash Reel, Albatross, Ashes to Ashes, The Love Bugs and Dirtbag: The Legend of Fred Beckey.
- We will award a total of $30,000, with grants ranging from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Select winners also receive a MacBook Pro.
- One finalist will be awarded the Emerging Filmmaker Fellowship, which includes mentorship, and travel, lodging and a pass to the 2020 Mountainfilm Festival in Telluride, Colorado.
A Mountainfilm connection (i.e., previous attendance as a filmmaker, presenter, guest or attendee, or a reference from one of these) is required to apply. You must fill out the application in full. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
It is required that you include a video sample/trailer of your current project (no longer than five minutes) or a link to a pitch deck.
If your project is in the conceptual stage, please record and upload a video of yourself, up to two minutes, telling us about your project. The video can be very rough, i.e., filmed on your smartphone or computer. In this case, we aren't as concerned about production value as we are learning more about your project.
If you are the recipient of a Mountainfilm Commitment Grant, we expect the following:
- Regular updates on progress, 2-3 times annually.
- The Mountainfilm logo or name recognition in film or project credits that corresponds with the level of support.
- A discussion of premiere consideration with the Mountainfilm programming team. Depending on the level of support and length of film, we may require premiere status (Colorado or U.S.) and request the right to screen on Mountainfilm on Tour.
Again, please be prepared to complete the application in full. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Thank you for your interest in Mountainfilm's Commitment Grant. If you have any additional questions, please email us or call (970) 728-4123 x 12.