From climbers who wiggle up near-impossible first ascents to artists who illustrate cultural or political issues from a new perspective, our guest roster is always filled with individuals who tackle a variety of challenges.
We, and our audiences, find inspiration in their stories, but what inspires the inspired? We offer this quiz to test your mettle. (Answers with links to the sources follow.)
1. Who or what led Paul Watson to devote his entire adult life to the defense of whales and other creatures of the sea?
2. Author, environmentalist and climate change activist Bill McKibben found inspiration from…
3. Who does writer and environmental human health activist Sandra Steingraber consider her “guiding spirit”?
4. Who shaped Bidder #70 Tim DeChristopher’s early path toward citizen activism?
5. Who or what prompted photographer James Balog, who is featured in Chasing Ice, to begin documenting the planet’s disappearing glaciers?
We welcome your insights and reactions to our films and content.
Please engage with us by leaving a comment. All comments will be moderated so
as to avoid spam or unsuitable content being published.
View the discussion thread.